Study in New Zealand
Institutions in New Zealand rank highly on the global scale with many of them featuring in international university rankings such as the Times Higher Education Supplement Top 500and the Shanghai Jiao Tong Top 500.
Every student in New Zealand enjoys the advantage of a supporting learning environment; with relatively small class sizes enabling more personalized attention from teachers. Independent thinking is strongly encouraged, where students are taught to think for themselves. Students get the opportunity to harness their individual strengths and ideas for channelling them towards a productive career.
International students can look for personalized treatment even beyond the classroom. New Zealand was the forerunner in adopting a code of practice that set standards for the care of international students, both in and outside the classroom.
Every institution catering to international students have staff members dedicated solely to the wellbeing and success of these newcomers.
Why New Zealand?
- This country of just over 4 million people is an easy going and one of the safest places on this earth with high quality living conditions and a modern lifestyle. New Zealand has never seen war on its own shores and crime here is extremely low compared to America and Europe. The New Zealand government is also very stable and the New Zealanders are very outward looking and welcoming of new cultures.
- The New Zealand education programs and degrees are based on the worlds most recognized and accredited education system- The British System- without the same expense.
- New Zealand qualifications are of a high quality and have a reputation around the world for being practical, modern and desired. All courses, programs and qualifications offered by New Zealand institutions are quality assured by the New Zealand government. Major employers around the world recognize New Zealand qualifications and employ New Zealand graduates.
- New Zealand offers very affordable tuition fee compared with many other countries around the world. Competitive tuition fees coupled with a low cost of living represents a good value for your money.
- New Zealand has a dynamic and harmonious multicultural society. Kiwis are friendly and pleasant and are opening their doors to offer you warm and welcoming environments. International students are highly respected in New Zealand and you will feel most welcome here.
- New Zealand has a long history of teaching international students and New Zealand institutions are sensitive to the needs of international students. The International Office in tertiary institutions provides a high quality support service to help you adjust to your new environment and successfully complete your studies.
- All students on a student visa can work up to 20 hours per week during semester and full time during vacations i.e. 40 hours. Many New Zealand institutions offer a student employment service called ‘Student Job Search’ to help you find work.